Innovation and technology have continued to foster global and social development. AI x HK OpenCup engenders an innovation-enriched platform for up-and-coming young talents to envision the future of AI technologies for tackling global challenges and adding new value to the community.
Focusing on four Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the United Nations (UN), including Good Health and Well-being (SDG 3), Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG 7); Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 8); and Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11), participants are encouraged to ideate innovative AI solutions in addressing one of these challenges in the Hong Kong context, with the objective to create positive social impact and promote sustainability this year.
The Department of Computer Science at Hong Kong Baptist University is dedicated to harnessing the power of innovation and technology to unlock endless possibilities. Our mission is to inspire and nurture the next generation of tech leaders, encouraging them to push beyond boundaries with innovative thinking, AI technologies, and close collaborations. Together, we strive to create positive impact for our community and promote sustainable development.
FOCUS ON FOUR UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
14 Sep 2023
16 Sep 2023
10:00 - 11:30 AM
Tsang Chan Sik Yue Auditorium (AAB 201), Academic and Administration Building, Baptist University Road Campus
(please use the entrance at Baptist University Road Campus)
INITIAL Project Proposal Submission Deadline
6 Oct 2023
FULL Project Submission Deadline
6 Nov 2023
Announcement of Finalists
15 Nov 2023
Current students from secondary schools and tertiary (post-secondary) institutions are welcome to enrol as a team under two categories:
- Secondary Students Category
- Tertiary Students Category
Team Size: 3 to 5 students
CALL for INNOVATORS!
The registration is closed, in case of questions, please contact us by email.
(Deadline: 14 Sep 2023 17:00)
INITIAL Project Proposal
[Deadline: 6 Oct 2023 17:00]
- A one-page proposal including a problem statement and a brief idea
FULL Project for Shortlisting
[Deadline: 6 Nov 2023 17:00]
- A project summary in Word format (max 100 words)
- A poster in JPEG format (A3 size, portrait mode, resolution 4961 x 7016 pixels)
- A video in MPEG4 format (max 3 minutes)
- A team group photo
- Other materials (e.g. prototype, code) (Optional)
PRIZES & AWARDS
Awards (for each category)
Other awards (HKD 5,000 for each award)
- Best Innovation Award (for each category)
- Best Social Impact Award (for each category)
- Future Star of AI Award (for Secondary Students Category Only)
- Best AI Implementation Award (for Tertiary Students Category Only)
To be announced.
VIDEO & PHOTOS
Phone: (+852) 3411-2385